– Nassau is the capital and largest city of the Bahamas, with a population of over 246,000 people as of 2010.
– Nassau is located on the island of New Providence, which is also home to Paradise Island, a popular tourist destination connected by bridges.
– Nassau has a rich history of piracy, colonialism and slavery, and was named after William III of England, Prince of Orange-Nassau.
– Nassau is the center of commerce, education, law, administration and media of the country, and hosts the House of Assembly and various judicial departments.
– Nassau has a tropical climate with warm temperatures year-round and frequent rainfall in the summer months.
– Nassau offers a variety of attractions and activities for visitors, such as beaches, snorkeling, shopping, dining, guided tours and cultural events.